Matrix Sensors, Inc. is seeking a multi-talented individual to support engineers in the development of our novel gas sensing technology. This role supports engineering activities for projects in the R&D phases of development, including feasibility, design and development, prototyping and verification. This role is expected to perform high quality advanced prototype assembly, rework, HW/SW testing and troubleshooting, often with little supervision and/or documentation. Candidates must have a working understanding of mechanical, electrical and software principles that enable a system level understanding of the product. Candidates must also be able to use engineering tools to gather information needed to perform technician tasks more efficiently. This is a fulltime position reporting to our VP of Engineering at our San Diego, CA facility. We offer full benefits and a competitive salary.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assemble and test a wide range of electrical and electro-mechanical systems
- Use equipment such as DVMs, oscilloscopes, and LCR meters to troubleshoot and validate system and circuit operation
- Update electrical and mechanical schematics as needed.
- Create operation and test procedures for custom equipment.
- Troubleshoot issues with custom and purchased test equipment and systems
- Makes simple modifications using basic machining and hand tools such as rotary grinder, drill press, band saw, belt sander, X-acto cutting, files, etc.
- Prepares parts for assembly (soldering, filing, sanding, cleaning).
- Communicate with internal and external technical resources.
- Calibrate custom and purchased equipment as needed.
- Maintain calibration records and control charts for critical equipment
- Participate in design reviews and brainstorming sessions
- Broad experience as an Electronics technician in R&D supporting development of leading-edge technology
- Minimum of an AA degree or equivalent in Electronics or Electro-Mechanical Engineering and 7 years of relevant experience.
Desired skills include:
- Able to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings
- Experienced with electrical CAD packages, OrCAD a plus PCB layout experience a plus
- Experienced in the use of soldering equipment, hand tools, electronic test equipment, and basic shop tools·
- Able to assemble and re-work surface mount PCBs
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Familiarity with SolidWorks a plus
Statement of Equal Employment Opportunities
Matrix Sensors, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 years and over), sexual orientation, veteran and/or military status, protected medical leaves, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, and any other status protected by state or federal law. Matrix Sensors, Inc. will not allow any form of retaliation against individuals who make good faith reports of alleged violations of this policy, or who cooperate in the investigation of such reports, even if the reports do not reveal any wrongdoing.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Matrix Sensors, Inc. offers an attractive benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer.